Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tokyo Rocks & Samurai Lessons Abound - Recap

Japan Recap 30 March 2010
Well... today was... today. I will be positive.
Miscommunication, (for the 2nd time on this Japan adventure), was the root cause of missing our long-awaited "Samurai Sword Action" activity! I felt like crying. But I couldn't cry in front of the boys. I did vent for a couple of hours. But we did learn several lessons from today:
  • Samurai are meticulous, and so if we want to catch the spirit of the Samurai, we need to be meticulous. That means we need to double-check all of the plans well in advance not trust what other people tell us. This trip was planned 4 months ago! All of the challenges have come down to execution of the plan.
  • A family that prays together, plays together. My son woke up early enough and prayed. But he didn't wake me up. The night before, I planned on waking up,praying, and then checking the Samurai Sworn Action itinerary again. It actually had the correct time, which was different from what the tour-group told me. So that was the lesson God taught us, worship Him, on time, and the way will be easy.
  • Move on. When you face a set back, yes, its good to talk it through to work it out of our systems. But then we need to move on. When we did finally let it all out, we got a call from InsideJapn Tours letting us know that they had found another Samurai experience activity in Osaka. YEAH! So although we missed the "Kill Bill" dude... we still get to learn the way of the Samurai. I forgive you InsideJapn Tours.
  • Tokyo at night is great! We counted at least 5 areas that were like Time Square. Well, actually only 1 (Shibuya) that had all of the people, but 5-6 that had all of the bright lights and building-size advertisements like Time Square. But the whole city, seems very cool.

Tomorrow, insha Allah, we will catch Sushi breakfast, after Salatul Fajr, and then change hotels. Then we are planning on spending the day at Shinjuku, where they have the famous "people pushers" pushing people into the over-crowded trains! LOL.
Pray for us, we are praying for you. :)
btw... I know I promised pictures... we didn't make it to the electronic district today. Sorry. Insha Allah, tomorrow, I will try very hard to get pictures uploaded.

No comments: